Makes 1 loaf
2 cups sunflower seeds
1 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup hazelnuts or almonds
1 cup buck wheat flour
4 Tbsp chia seeds
2 cups psyllium seed husk powder
3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
3 cups water
- In a non-stick loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Add maple syrup and water to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable).
- Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!