This is my first time at making brownies, and can I say, I LOVE THEM… Just in time for Easter!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup water (to soak the dates in)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 6 squares of Lindt 95% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in a processor until it forms a thick sticky batter.
- Mix in half the chocolate and walnuts.
- Place in a slice tin and top with remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Mix 1/2 cup of rice malt syrup with 1/4 cup of cacao and 1/3 cup of tahini. Add more of ingredients if needed to get a thick icing/frosting consistency. Serve warmed with banana nice cream!