1 cup mixed berries (I used frozen berries. You can use any berries/fruit of your choice)
1/2 cup water
3 tbs chia seeds
Optional: 1 tbs rice malt syrup (I suggest adding at the end, as the fruit alone may be sweet enough, and this makes the recipe not wholefood)
- Place the berries and water into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add the chia seeds.
- Reduce the heat and whisk for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- OPTIONAL: add the rice malt syrup.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Top your favourite sourdough or home- made bread with your chia jam.
You can store the jam in the fridge in an airtight container for a week.