Ok guys, my first ever vegan and gluten free choc chip cookies, so yum! Even the boys loved them!
1/2 block of 90-95% Lindt dark chocolate
130g (1/2c) almond butter
100g (3/4c) coconut sugar
1 chia egg (1 tbs of chia seeds mixed with 3tbs of water)
1tsp vanilla bean paste
90g (3/4c) almond meal
2 scoops of Protein boost
2 scoops of fibre boost (or substitute protein boost and fibre with another 90g (3/4c) of almond meal)
1/2 tsp of bicarb soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grate chocolate and place aside in a bowl (thermo: 3 sec/speed 6)
3. Blend butter, sugar, chia egg and vanilla with a high powered blender (thermo: 2min/speed 3)
4. Add flour bicarb soda and baking powder and bind (thermo: 40 sec/speed 4)
5. Add the chocolate and mix together manually (thermo: 30 sec/speed 2)
6. Form dough into approx. 12 golf ball sized cookies, spread 5cm apart on a non stick tray/tray lined with baking paper for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool on a rack before storing in a container. Or better still, eat them warm!
NOTE: Due to the ingredients (all goodness!) of the cookies, they may not spread as wide and flat, but they are still chewing and delicious! Double the recipe for bulk cookies 🙂