Ok, so this one is a borrowed recipe from my beautiful friend Denise from Green Tree Yoga. Who is a great friend of mine, and a Canadian Aussie!
Handful of Pecans
1 tsb maple syrup (I used rice malt syrup)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 handfuls of Lettuce mix- As Denise calls it ‘arugula’, for us Aussies – rocket and spinach. I used kale in this case. Take your pick 🙂
1 stalk of a celery, diced
1 small carrot, grated
1 punnet of strawberries – organic if you can
1/4 of a cucumber, diced
1/2 large Sweet potato, diced
- Toast the pecans in a pan with a small splash of oil (coconut/olive) for 5-10mins on low to medium heat, covered, then drizzle the maple/rice malt syrup over the pecans and mix, turn down the heat to your lowest setting and let stand for a few minutes. Sprinkle cinnamon on them to coat. Remove from heat and cool.
- Roast the sweet potato in the oven for 15-20mins turning them mid way, try not to burn but leave them in long enough they caramelise.
- Add all veggies etc to lettuce mix
- Add nuts/seeds as desired
- Drizzle with a small amount of cold pressed olive oil, rice malt syrup and the juice of half a lemon
Thanks Denise! I LOVE this salad, so summery, sweet and tasty! x