This is one slice Nan makes, that I will admit, I miss, but as always, there is a healthy option to be concocted! Here it is… All vegan, all gluten-free, all refined-sugar free. Enjoy!
1 cup medjool dates (soaked, drained slightly and blended)
1 cup almonds and sunflower seeds, blended
3 scoops of vanilla protein powder, or 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
1 lemons juice and rind
- Blend dates and nuts/seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Press into a lined slice cake tin
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk (refrigerate overnight and use the hard part off the top)
5 medjool dates (soaked, drained slightly and blended)
Juice of 2 lemons
- Melt the coconut oil and milk in a saucepan on medium heat until melted and combined.
- Add the dates and lemon juice and bring to the boil, stirring consistently.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the a thick syrup begins to form.
- Cool in the fridge before placing on the base.
- Then top with desiccated coconut.
Add more dates or lemon to the base and topping, as needed, for taste and consistency.