1⁄2 cup dry brown lentils*
1⁄2 small sweet potato
2 cups of spinach leaves
2 cloves of roasted garlic
1⁄2 red capsicum
1⁄2 cup activated almonds
Dressing: salt, pepper, tbs vinegar and ¼ of an avocado.
- Prepare lentils by soaking in water for 4 hours. Simmer on low for 40 minutes until soft. Drain and rinse.
- Cut the sweet potato into chips**/cubes and coat in turmeric, cook on 200°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Add garlic gloves half-way in and roast for 20 minutes.
- Roast the almonds on 160°C for 20 mins.
- Cut up capsicum, add spinach, lentils, garlic, sweet potato and almonds.
- Add dressing.
- You can also add cheese, olives, quinoa etc.
*Any left over lentils are great mixed with grated carrot, zucchini, onion, chai egg, buckwheat flour and red curry powder to make lentil burgers.
**The sweet potato chips are also great as a snack or side to any meal.