- 1 tbs of cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon quills, broken up into small pieces
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caffeine free tea leaves (or tea of your liking)
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- 1 tbs finely grated turmeric
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs lemon juice
1. Heat the cardamom pods, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds and nutmeg in a frying pan on medium heat for 2 minutes until toasted. Place into a plastic zip lock bag and break spices into small pieces with your fist (or better yet use a mortar and pestle if you have one).
2. Add the tea, vanilla, ginger, turmeric and lemon juice to the spice blend.
3. Heat the rice malt syrup for 30 seconds in the microwave and add to the other ingredients.
4. Place in a glass jar and keep in the fridge.
Making the Chai:
1. Place 1 teaspoons of the sticky chai into a teapot/tea infuser.
2. Heat almond milk (milk of choice) in milk frother or if you don’t have one – place 1 cup of milk in your smoothie maker for 30 seconds, then place the milk into your mug and microwave for one minute in 30 second intervals (creates a great frothy top on your milk).
3. Add the tea infuser and brew until desired (I personally leave my in while drinking my tea). You can add some extra rice malt syrup here if you like, but I find it sweet enough.
4. Sprinkle with some ground cinnamon.