(adapted from Lorna Jane)
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium capsicum
8 medium mushrooms
1 medium eggplant
1 large zucchini
Spinach leaves or chopped kale
2 handfuls of chopped basil
Tomato sauce (I used a delicious Slow Roasted Tomato and Capsicum Soup soup recipe – here):
Sprinkle of oil/water for the pan
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
6 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
Reduce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat for 15 minutes.
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp coconut oil
Heat the oil in the saucepan add the flour stirring for 2 minutes, gradually add the milk, cooking until mixture boils and thickens. Add paprika and season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice all the vegetables and place into a bowl in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften (except basil and spinach/kale).
- Place 1/2c water to help steam them.
- Place one layer of the vegetables into a lasagne tray, top with tomato sauce and spinach/kale and a sprinkle of basil, place another layer on top, sprinkle with and spinach/kale, tomato sauce, white sauce and basil.
- Cook for 30 minutes until golden brown, if extra cooking is required cover with foil and continue cooking for 10-20 minutes.